Putting New Jersey's Children First by Challenging the System
On September 28, 2010 Governor Christie outlined a package of reforms to improve New Jersey public schools by challenging the status quo and transforming a system that has fallen behind. The Governor’s reforms will fundamentally alter New Jersey’s education system to make teacher effectiveness and student achievement the driving forces behind every policy and practice.
Governor Christie’s Reform Agenda will move public education in New Jersey away from an antiquated, ineffective model that props up failing schools and toward a system that demands accountability, rewards highly effective teachers, utilizes performance measures and ensures each and every child receives the quality education they deserve.
Improving Public Schools by Rewarding Effective, High-Quality Teachers and Demanding Accountability in the Classroom:
- Rewarding Innovative, Effective and High-Quality Teachers
- Expanding Opportunities for Great Teachers to Succeed
- Demanding Accountability and Results for New Jersey’s Children
- Ensuring Our Children Have Well-Prepared Teachers
Empowering Parents with Access to Quality Data and Additional Outreach Efforts
- Engaging Families in Their Children’s Education with Improved Access to Information
- Improving Outreach and Communications Efforts to Parents and Families
Stay Connectedwith Social Media
Stay Connectedwith Email Alerts